Tuesday, June 16, 2015

WEEK 26: BABY LUCAS

26 weeks! Baby is the size of a coconut - which I can totally imagine when I look down at my belly. 

His kicks are getting stronger! I definitely jump frequently when he kicks during the day because it's so surprising how much stronger they feel. He is also wiggling his butt all over the place because the placement of the kicks change by the hour. 

My sciatica is gone - a friend informed me she had a case of it during her pregnancy also and it only lasted 2 weeks. It's mostly how the babies are positioned at that time (so I was told). 

Workouts are still spin and walking. Driving to spin class I ask myself how many more weeks I think I can continue this - but once I am in the class I still feel great. I took a nice long walk with Nikki and Rory on Monday before the huge thunderstorm that rolled in. 

Weight gain has been consistent - I jumped on the scale and didn't pass out from the number so that's good. I'll wait until 28 weeks to see what the midwife says I have gained to date. I'm thinking it's 16?

No new cravings (this boy is normal) and I've been having a lot of yogurt with fruit and granola because it's just so easy to pack for lunch/snack. 

I am wrapping up a video for the shower that I am excited about. I also have a longer version started that I can keep adding to for his pregnancy/birth video. I'm really glad I made these - it always seems silly when I am recording videos, but then looking back I am so glad I have them to keep and share with him someday. 

Friday I have off work so I am putting a reminder on my phone to call the insurance company about my breast pump, if circumcision is covered and to call the pediatrician offices. (totally forgot to do)

I'll be running around like a mad woman all weekend prepping for the shower, attending the crawfish party and Chris' Aunt Kim's 50th birthday party Saturday.


0 comments:

Post a Comment