Sunday, January 11, 2015

BABY LUCAS: WEEK 4

Hello, sweet baby Lucas. 

Words can't describe how thankful and happy I am to have you growing inside of me!

This week you are certainly keeping us on our toes! Monday we found out our family of two is becoming a family of three. I took a test early in the morning on Monday and couldn't believe my eyes when I saw two lines. I've had times where I've felt exhausted, but for the most part I am just so excited to finally be pregnant that I am going 100 miles an hour :)

There are times throughout the week I will feel dizzy for a bit or nauseus, but that just means you are doing your job and growing strong! Ever since I have been pregnant I have been having crazy dreams! None about kids or being a mom, but strange, action-packed dreams.

I have been active in going to the gym and am looking forward to yoga on Sunday.

Tuesday night was scary. Before bed I noticed bright red spotting when I went to the bathroom. After researching online we felt the best decision was to get some rest and schedule an appointment with the doctor in the morning. I was terrified, but I knew keeping a positive outlook would keep my stress level down.

In the morning, the spotting became lighter and turned brown (which is good! brown = old blood). I made the appointment to meet with a midwife for that afternoon. We met with Nurse Mitchell for our appointment and I can't say enough how amazing she was. She made us feel so welcomed and at ease and explained that based on how things had been progressing she was 100% confident that everything was going to be fine. About 20-30% of women have spotting in their first trimester.

She went over the new parents information folder and answered all of our questions. We are going to request for her to be our midwife through the entire pregnancy on our next visit. We ended the appointment with hugs and scheduled blood work for two days to make sure the hcg levels were doubling, which signals that you are growing strong. Thursday and Saturday morning I had my blood drawn for testing and I can call Nurse Mitchell on Monday to check in on the results.

I'm confident everything is going to come back fine. I have been taking a test each day to make sure the line was getting stronger, and it has!

We also found out your estimated due date is September 13, 2015! 

We will know for sure once we have our first sonogram on February 5th and they take the measurements. :) I can't wait to see you for the first time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment