Monday, January 5, 2015

HAPPY 2015 + A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!


January 5, 2015. 
Today is the day we found out I am pregnant! I am still in complete shock and my heart feels like it is doing jumping jacks. 

I can't keep this smile off my face!

After three months of actively trying we can finally say our family of two is soon to be a family of three! I can't wait to hear your heart beat, see you on a screen and hold you in my arms. It feels like a dream come true.

This month we began using preseed, which I definitely believe helped us to conceive. I don't create a lot of natural CM and this mimics that. I was temping originally after our fertile week, but stopped once I saw a drop at 4DPO. A drop in temperature can mean fertilization or that the chances of you being pregnant aren't that great. It completely convinced me that this was going to be another month with disappointing news. At 10DPO I decided to take my temp one last time and was surprised to see it had jumped back up - which my temp the previous month at the same time was much lower. I track all of my information in an app called Glow and it suggested I take a pregnancy test at 11DPO. I knew there was a chance I could get a negative, even if I was pregnant. I could hardly sleep with the anticipation of going back to work the next day and taking the test.

When I woke up I went to the bathroom, peed in a cup so I could take multiple tests and as the first test was reading I was for sure it was negative. The control line was so dark. But, as the test got clearer my heart was racing since I could make out a second line. I immediately stuck the digital test in the cup and was second guessing myself until I finally saw the words "pregnant."

I ran into the bedroom screaming Chris' name (never a good idea to scream and wake someone up) and told him the news. His face was so sweet and the entire morning we were in shock that it finally has happened. This is it! Another September baby and Virgo is on it's way and I can't wait to meet him or her!

0 comments:

Post a Comment