Thursday, January 22, 2015

BABY LUCAS: WEEK 6

Finally the time is starting to move a little quicker! It's so hard counting down the days until our first sonogram appointment. 

Nikki had sweet baby Rory on Sunday morning (January 18, 2015) and Chris and I had a little giggle that it was the first of many play dates our little one will have with her when we went to visit her at the hospital.

One of the hardest parts is not being able to tell our loved ones yet about the news. We decided to wait until after our first sonogram to tell my parents and sister. I'm usually the type that is happy to share and over-share things in our life, but I really want to make sure everything is perfect and the baby is healthy before we share the news. Plus, having a photo of our baby bee from the first sonogram when we tell the news is also really special. Chris is a little more cautious than me and is deciding if he feels comfortable telling his family before or after our trip to Cabo at the end of February.

Either way, we can't wait to see the reactions on everyone's face and we have a pretty good idea of how we are going to share the news individually and on social media. :)

This week my handy hubby finished the chalkboard! I'm so excited to start posting updates or making countdowns on it. I think it would also be a great spot to take some weekly photos.

The first trimester exhaustion has definitely hit me this week. Before this week I still had a ton of energy at work and this week I can't wait until it is time to go home. I'm trying to get in some gym time still, but find myself wanting to fall asleep by 8. I've also started to wake up once in the middle of the night to use the bathroom - so it's a good thing I am asleep by 9!

I have no desire to eat any meat that I cook and the cravings have officially started. All I want to eat is carbs and cereal with milk. I'm not sure if that's because I hadn't been eating any grains or dairy while being Paleo, but I gave in this week with bagels and cream cheese and a chic-fil-a sandwich.

Only two more weeks until we get to see your sweet face and hear your tiny heartbeat!


0 comments:

Post a Comment