Friday, May 15, 2015

BABY LUCAS: WEEK 22

Ben is the size of a spaghetti squash or papaya this week. He is about 11 inches long and about an ounce shy of 1 pound. Although, my belly feels so much heavier than that :)

Week 22 started out with Mother's Day.


 I was so overwhelmed by all of the messages, cards and gifts I received as a momma-to-be. I am extremely grateful every day to have such a loving husband, but Mother's Day and every day of my pregnancy I am reminded just how lucky I am to share my life and this journey with Chris.


I received lots of texts and love from friends, cards, gorgeous flowers and handmade gifts - including a flower pot with a butterfly made from Rory's footprints. I felt like the luckiest girl around to have such an amazing "village" of people.

It feels like summer is starting early - with temps reaching the 90s earlier in the week. My ankles, feet and hands have began to swell - luckily it hasn't been bothering me. I've just been noticing the physical change.

Workouts this week have included walking and spin class. I started back up with spin last week and so far, so good!

I weighed myself on day 5 of this week and I've gained 2 pounds since my last doctors appointment - so I'm probably right around the 10 pound mark.

Still loving on watermelon and sweet potatoes this week. I haven't really been in the mood to make dinner, so crock pot sweet potatoes or my moms cooking is perfect :)

I've been singing sweet country songs to the babe. I can't wait to kiss his sweet, chubby cheeks!

I've now mastered part of his schedule. He kicks regularly around 8:10P and right before bed around 10-10:30 (these two times are consistent every day for the past two weeks). I sleep throughout the night so I'm not sure if he is awake and wiggling then. I occasionally feel him first thing in the morning and around 10:15A and sometimes on my way home around 5:10P.  I feel him now towards the center of my stomach and still on my right side. Chris still hasn't been able to feel a kick on the outside!

Crazy dreams are now beginning!

I actually had a dream on Tuesday night about holding him for the first time and all I can remember was me kissing his sweet lips and him giggling. Nikki and Rory have been in a lot of my dreams. In most, we are just hanging out or she is helping me with advice, which is very the "norm" for us so I know she is going to be an amazing Aunt to him.

Thursday night I had another crazy dream where I was at the doctors for my 24 week check up and they said he was looking great and was positioned perfect. I think they asked me if I wanted to see him and I said yes and somehow he was magically handed to me. I remember looking at him with this perfect head of dark hair and thinking to myself - I knew he'd have lots of dark hair. I was snuggling with him and they said alright, he has to go back now. I handed him back to the nurse and she took him into the next room and the next thing I know he was sneaking back to the room because he didn't want to leave me. I told him he wasn't done growing yet, so he needed to go with the nurse. As much as I wanted to be with him, I knew he wasn't ready yet.




0 comments:

Post a Comment