Tuesday, May 26, 2015

BABY LUCAS: WEEK 23

Holy moly... time is flying! Baby Ben is the size of an ear of corn this week, almost 11 and a half inches long and weighs over a pound! 

The sounds that he experiences in my belly, he will be able to recognize when he is here. He can also tell when I am dancing, which I thought was pretty cool.





This week we painted the nursery and hung the shelves for his books. I am working on putting up the star decals on the window wall (not sure that will get completed this week) and am excited to start looking for nursery decor and artwork. 

I picked up a few little things off of our registry last week and our bottle warmer was delivered on Monday. Spoiler alert... it works! I also grabbed what I hope is all of the clothes he will need for the first 6 months. I'm sure I'll see things here or there, but it feels good for me to know that I can check that off the list. I even have a pumpkin picking outfit for him, because I am SOOO looking forward to taking him on lots of fall walks, to the farmers market on Sundays and to pick pumpkins and sip hot apple cider at the farm.

Chris found out that through his work, he gets 12 weeks of FMLA time and between the week that they pay him and all of his personal/sick time he can stay home with me for the 3 months and get paid fully! He's still deciding on how much time to take off, but his work is really flexible during the late fall and winter months so he will be around a ton.

I'm really excited to get to spend extra time together as a new family --- to be home, take long walks, create new memories and have my best friend by my side. Oh, and the naps. I am looking forward to the naps that I will now definitely be able to take having an extra body home with Ben!

This week I also signed Chris and me up for our hospital delivery tour in late July and a breastfeeding class in late August. I also plan on signing us up for the child care class at the hospital sometime in August.


I caught the first, super-small kick/belly movement on video Wednesday morning. I was so excited to have proof of his wiggling that I woke Chris up to show him. No shock that it was on my right side since that's where I always feel him most. Chris also felt him for the first time this week! I knew it couldn't be long after catching it on video!

0 comments:

Post a Comment