Tuesday, May 26, 2015

BABY LUCAS: WEEK 24

24 weeks! I say this every week, but it's crazy how fast time is going. The first 8 weeks were miserable waiting for our first doctor's appointment and finding out the gender and now we find ourselves saying, "Weren't we just at the doctors?!"

We had our 24 week appointment and I've gained 4 pounds in the past month, so total weight gain is around 14 pounds. 

Little man was showing off his spunk when we were listening to his heart rate - he kept kicking the Doppler machine! Heart rate was between 140 and 150 bpm.

The midwife says it sounds like I've been having some sciatic pain - which basically feels like I strained a muscle in my tail bone - it's common in pregnancies and she gave me a chiropractors information and told me to look up some exercises to help. I'm still doing spin class once a week and hope that adding in some swimming will also help.

I made my appointment for my glucose test (week 27) and after our next appointment we go to the doctors office every 2 weeks. Can you believe it?! I got the cards to three pediatricians in the area so I will be calling and making appointments to visit each office and ask if they have a lactation consultant on-call available. 

Still need to figure out if I want to go to 4 days a week after I come back from maternity and figure out daycare - the most dreaded item on my to-do list!

We were running off to a wedding on Sunday (first day of our 24 weeks) so we quickly drew on the chalkboard. 




Brent and Nooshin's wedding was on Kent Island and gorgeous! I squeezed into an old dress and we headed towards the bay. The weather was perfect! We stopped and grabbed a drink at Hemingway's before the wedding.



I finished potting the plants on the deck and Chris is now officially in heaven... or paradise. We plan on getting some string lights for the deck to complete our little space. It looks like he may need a papa bear lounge also since mine is so cozy :)

Monday we headed to the pool for our first official pool day of the summer at Merritt. I need to invest in a maternity bathing suit (not what anyone wants to spend their money on!) so I can tan this bump! 

Still no extra stretch marks... my nips are becoming a little National Geographic, but I heard that they go back to normal-ish after you are done breastfeeding.

Monday we had Nikki, JR, Rory, Kelly and Albert over for dinner and crabs. It was so nice and out! Rory let me test drive her in our stroller which was so much fun, I can't wait til Ben is here so I can push him around town.


I've been crafting for our garden themed baby shower. I finished making 45 feet of flag banners for the room, grabbed some blue and mint ribbon, put together a few of the above flowers and rolled the silverware up pretty! It's so hard for me to sit back and not help! I feel so fortunate to have a handful of people helping out with favors, decorations, food and more.

Little man decided to throw a party for his Aunt Lauren and I felt him kick on my left side for the first time on her birthday! He is now kicking immediately after I drink or eat something he likes. The boy knows what he likes :-)




How handsome is our papa bear?? SO lucky to have this cutie <3

I'll keep updating the post as the week continues :)

1 comment:

  1. The doctors appointments happen alot towards the end! I remember with Wyatt I was going almost every other day the last week and a half since I was so late, not fun.

    Too bad on the stitchfix! Crossing my fingers though. I have all winter maternity stuff from Wyatt, but nothing for summer. I need to do some shopping.

    ReplyDelete