Wednesday, April 22, 2015

BABY LUCAS: WEEK 19

Little man is the size of a mango this week, weighs half a pound, is six inches long (from head to rump) and starting to grow hair on his head (hopefully lots). 

This week I feel like I have grown a ton. My rib cage and upper stomach feels so much thicker now. A few pre-maternity dresses I was able to wear 2 weeks ago are now skin tight. 

I'm still not constantly feeling him move around and I'm looking forward to when Chris will be able to feel him, too! No cravings and I've found my perfect position lately for getting me to fall asleep quickly and he's been constant on only waking me up once in the night to go to the bathroom - around 5am.

I took a trip to Target and bought a big pack of granny panties and I'm not ashamed to admit that. I hated the feeling of my belly hanging (not sure that's the best way to describe it) over my underwear, so I decided I'd be much more comfortable with panties that come up to my belly button... and I was right. Thank you no-line granny panties!

I also needed a few new bras - not because I've grown in that area (other than my ribcage - hello 40(!)D), but because my current ones have been needing to be replaced for awhile. I picked up two nursing bras from Target and love them so far! They were so cheap too!

Still no stretch marks on the big 'ole belly - I've been rubbing lots of Momma Bee lotion on there and hoping that I grow at a constant pace to help prevent getting them. 

Pam and Ev are planning us a Lucas-side co-ed baby shower in July at the Mussel Bar in Harbour East. I'm excited to see what Pam and the girls put together, and I'm also really excited that it's co-ed. I think it'll be fun having both a traditional and non-traditional shower! Plus, this way Chris will have some of his close guy-friends to hang out with for an afternoon :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment