Friday, April 3, 2015

BABY LUCAS: WEEK 16

Week 16 and he is the size of an avocado. Guacamole, anyone?

4 months or 2/5ths of the way cooked. Chris and I have decided on a name for baby Lucas, but I'm going to sit on it for awhile to make sure it feels like the perfect fit. Who knew naming a kid could be so difficult!?

I picked up running again as of last Friday and my goal is to run one mile a day {if able} until I literally pee my pants and can't anymore. It's made me feel a lot better about myself and I always get a good sweat from running. {Side note: I've only ran 3 days this week}

We had our 16 week appointment this week. The heart rate Doppler wasn't working so I got to see little man on the sonogram and wow, he has doubled in size! To be honest, I hate being the last patient of the day. I always feel rushed and like they aren't as thorough. I wasn't even told what his heart rate was or given a photo from the sonogram. BUT, it was extra special to be able to see his tiny feet and hands wiggling around on the screen!

I can't wait to start feeling him move! They say it usually happens around week 17, so I'm patiently waiting to feel the "bubbles" to be reminded that he is really there! I know Chris can't wait to be able to feel him too. He gives him nightly kisses and I know he is just waiting until he can feel something back.

We are looking at cribs this week and will hopefully make a decision on one soon! I'm starting to get the itch to paint his room and get everything set up. It must be the warmer weather!



I did buy this tassel to use for the shower and to hang on his wall/crib (it would only hang on the crib in the beginning while he is still in the pack and play). I had the seller switch out the mustard gold with silver.




I'm contemplating doing an accent wall with silver stars for the nursery. Something similar to the photos above. The good thing is they are removable so we could easily take them down as  he grows and/or we sell the house.

The only other things I have bought for him recently were a few pairs of footed, zip-up pajamas that I found on sale and a set of aden + anais bibs that were a great deal.

I did purchase a new maternity dress to test out for a wedding next weekend, but other than that I have been good living in dresses and leggings for now!

I'll update the post later with our 16 week photo, we took it late this week.

0 comments:

Post a Comment