Tuesday, April 28, 2015

BABY LUCAS: WEEK 20

Wooooaaahhhh, we're half way there...!

20 weeks and we are officially at "halftime!" I've been waiting for this benchmark to come and I'm happy to say that this week I am feeling better from an emotional standpoint. Seeing him on the screen was so amazing - it's incredible to think Chris and I made a tiny little person!!

He is now measuring 10 inches from head to toe - which is crazy to me thinking I have something almost the size of a foot-long in my belly right now!


Chris and I went for a run at Liberty High on Saturday and I got in a 2 mile run which felt great. I hadn't ran in 2-3 weeks (even though I planned on running every day) so I was happy I was still able to. 

I haven't been as constipated the past few days either, so that has been helping how I've been feeling! I don't have too many symptoms overall, so I'm feeling super lucky. Most days I still don't feel pregnant - I'm sure that will change with time!
I am on track as far as gaining weight goes - I've gained 8 pounds so far. Our midwife said that was great and on average, healthy mamas gain about 10 pounds by the 20 week appointment. I've read that I will likely gain a pound a week from here on out, so my goal is to stay between the 25-30 pound range with little man. 





Tuesday, 4/28 we had our 20 week appointment and anatomy scan. Baby weighs 12 ounces (spot on for the average weight) and is measuring 3 days behind - which I could have sworn the doctor said ahead, but double checking our papers it says 19w6d and we were 20w2d. Our midwife says as long as the baby is within a week of how far along we are they don't change anything and it's perfectly normal. Our goal is for him to weigh around 4 pounds at our 32 week appointment.

His heart rate was 143 bpm and we even caught it on tape (shhh... I had Chris sneak a recording). He is currently laying horizontally across my belly, with his head on my right side. They confirmed I have an anterior placenta - which is normal, but means it will take a little longer for me to feel him on the outside. It's acting like a nice pillow for him right now. My cervix is measuring 21 centimeters, which is on par and it will be about 4 more centimeters higher at my next appointment.

They confirmed he had a little turtle and everything came back normal! He is 100% healthy and we are so thankful.

I have been feeling stronger movements (which I now know are his arms) on my right side. The nurse said he has active little arms. He is still sleeping with his hand up by his head - which means he is taking after his mama already! We also think he has my nose :)

I'm a little sad that this could be our last sonogram. If everything looks good from here on out, we won't need another. :(

I have to say I hope he comes on a Saturday. I just love our one midwife, Kay Mitchell, and would be so excited if I had her for delivery. She makes me feel so comfortable and I just love her energy. She also always finds his heart beat right away. I can't express how much I love her!

Sleep is still really great. I didn't even wake up in the middle of the night on Sunday to use the bathroom. My belly button is still in and still no stretch marks yet (thank you!) and I've also noticed the line on my stomach hasn't darkened yet. I'm afraid to tan my belly this summer in fear that tanning would make it darken!



 
I bought a set of bottles and extra nipples this week from Target with coupons I had. I also got the dishwasher container and a few outfits from Old Navy's clearance section. Right now his room is in a great place. I wanted to wait to paint it until we confirmed he was a boy (superstitious much??)so I'm sure within the next month we will get around to painting and hanging his shelves.

I'm really looking forward to being able to feel outside movements and for Chris to see and feel him! Hopefully that will happen in the next few weeks.

Our next to-do items are to start looking at pediatricians and schedule some baby classes!





0 comments:

Post a Comment